.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Friday, February 01, 2008

The UK Connection and Time Lines Once Again

Yesterday I had the pleasure of introducing a client of mine from the UK to my favorite restaurant, on the beach, here in the San Diego area. When you visit, I'll take you there, too. I know you'll love it. The story of this client is all too typical, though the client, of course, is not.

1999 was the first of three trips so far that I've quite happily made to England. It was on the invitation of a seminar producer to speak at a super conference. The event was video recorded and made available for purchase. Yesterday's client invested in that product in 2000. Over the years, the client has stayed on my newsletter subscriber list. This past August I offered a public workshop in Newmarket, England. This client attended, giving us the first opportunity to meet in person. A delightful being, for sure. Also a very busy being who does a lot of business in the US and the UK, flying around as much as 10 days a month.

Yesterday over lunch, I had to ask the obvious: "Where are you in completing your booklet?" The reply was "About 50%. I just haven't made the time to finish it yet, among business and personal demands."

Now, this was right after mentioning that the trans-Atlantic trips provided quite a chunk of hours to relax and think and do whatever.

We're talking about a very intelligent, accomplished person, who could most likely get the booklet finished on the flight home to the UK this week. In fact, now that we've had that conversation, it wouldn't surprise me if I see a booklet ready for editing come at me in the next 10 days.

What's even more interesting to me is that there were several people in that same workshop who fit the dscription I just gave you, complete with having the video product that was produced in 1999.

I can almost guarantee that when (not if) these booklets are completed, their authors will be known to say some variation of "gee, I don't know why I didn't get this done sooner. It's quite valuable to me in my business."

Do you recognize yourself in this real-life story? You have the choice to move it all forward now, or wait a few more years.

Until next time,
Paulette - always fascinated by human behavior (my own, included)
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home