.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I Don't Need a Graphic Designer

My curly hair got curlier today when a client wrote me the subject line of this post. This is, by the way, from a person who has spent the past year saying "next month is when I'll be ready for you to edit my booklet and expect to have the money to pay you."

Why this matters? It doesn't matter one bit to me, personally. Professionally, it's such short-sightedness on the part of the booklet author, however. I am guessing the person's content is likely to be good. The thought of presenting it in a less than professional way just doesn't make sense. Yes, I know people do it. It's more detrimantal than I think they realize. Even when the initial intention of the booklet is to distribute at workshops or sell single copies, it's those same people who are running short on cash that will stay in that situation. Their product will not make it past the review of a large quantity buyer because it is a non-match with the professional image of that large quantity buyer's company.

For a one-time few hundred dollars, the content can be presented professionally and add to the success of the booklet and the booklet's author. Talk to one of our graphic designers. You'll be glad you did. You can find their info in the Resources menu of our site, in the first link, Our Vendors.

Until next tme,
Paulette - who feels better now after that little mini-vent
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home